Revealed: The NUMBER ONE way to make sure your property investment is a winner
Tags: property investing, investing in property, buying property, tips for buying property, tips for investing in property
Before deciding on a property investment, make sure you do your homework
If you’re looking into buy-to-let investments, for example, don’t dip your toe in the local rental market until you’ve contacted local letting agents and gotten your hands on their property lists.
This will give you an idea of how much stock’s available of any particular type of property and of rent levels.
Agents’ lists won’t, however, show you how long the properties are taking to let, or why there might be very few examples of certain types.
For that, you need to dig deeper. Perhaps it’s because there’s a scarcity and they let before even getting on to the lists. But, it could also be that there’s absolutely no demand, so the agents don’t bother to take them on.
Go from landlord rookie to property expert in just minutes!
All you need is The Lazy Man’s Guide to Being a Smart Landlord, where he will show you everything you need to know about selecting rental agents, screening tenants, collecting rent and handling evictions.
Click here to start maximising your profits from your property portfolio today!
For more detailed knowledge on the best property investment, talk to letting agents!
Introduce yourself to them as an investor about to buy and ask them what type of properties they could most easily let, advises Francois Joubert, author of Become a Master Property Investor in 90 Days.
Get them to show you their ideal letting prospect, or as near to it as they currently have vacant.
Notice not just the accommodation but the kitchen and bathroom(s), as well as the decor, furnishings and presentation. Go round local new developments too, especially those hosted by national firms.
They’ll have plenty of previous experience and sales evidence to guide them in their show property decisions. Learn from their expertise as to what’s considered desirable in that local market
Use these tips for buying property and you’re sure to make a mint from your next property investment.
- » Four ways to make investing in property work for you
- » Before you jump into investing in property, make sure you understand the risks
- » Thinking about investing in property? Check these four crucial points first
- » Thinking about investing in property? Here’s what you need to look at before you commit
- » How do you decide how much to bid when buying property on auction?
- » All you need is R10,000 to start building your own property empire
- » How to go about finding the best investment property to rent out
- » Buy property in Portugal and gain a visa to live and travel in Europe
- » Why property should form part of your diversified portfolio
- » Starting a property business up with someone else? Here’s how to protect yourself legally