Five words you should ask before you make any investment or trading decisions
Julie Brownlee, Fsp Invest, 06 Jun. 2014
Tags: investment decision, trading decision, investment, potential losses, how much can i lose, investment strategy, strategy
It can be difficult weighing up every investment or trading opportunity that comes your way. But there’s a very simple way to weigh up the risks involved, and whether you want to pursue the investment or not. So let’s take a closer look at these five special words…
Make this question the first step in your investment strategy
This simple phrase of five simple words works in all realms of investing. Be that investing in property, investing in a small business, investing in blue-chips or short-term trading.
Asking yourself this question is the real secret behind making money on the markets. Before you make any investment decision, make sure you ask yourself these magic words first, Brian Hunt in The Crux explains.
The special five word phrase is: How much money can I lose?
Whatever the investment or trade is, you should ask yourself this first. It’s a sure way to make sure you focus on the risk involved with the investment. Once you’re happy with that side of the equation, then you can get onto making money.
Always look at potential losses before potential profits
Many investors, especially those that are new to the markets, are obsessed with making money. They’re only concerned about the upside.
But it’s the downside that you should worry about first. Not how much money you can make investing in your brother’s new restaurant or a forex trade.
*********** Recommended Product ************
Revealed: The genius way to boost
your share price five-fold — At will.
Click here to find out how to make this profit-boosting trick work for you today!
These investors don’t think about how much money they can lose if the investment doesn’t work out as planned.
Before you commit any money, you need to ask yourself first how much you can lose. Looking at it this way and evaluating the risk may stop you making very risky moves with your money.
So there you have it, five words you should ask before you make any investment or trading decisions.
- » Consider this winning investment strategy…
- » Delving into investment lingo: What is tangible net asset value?
- » Weighing up your investment risks: The ins and outs of correlation
- » Investment strategy uncovered: Getting to grips with value investing
- » Delving into a smart beta investment strategy
- » Understanding company financial statements: EBITDA
- » Investing on the stock market? You need to understand volatility…
- » A step-by-step guide for new investors
- » The PE ratio: The ins and outs of one of the most popular financial ratios
- » Looking to unearth undervalued shares? Use the PEG ratio…