Mushroom Cultivation: A Business On The Rise
Aiden Sookdin, Author, The Minimum Wage Millionaire, 22 Feb. 2016
Tags: mushroom farm, mushroom cultivation, start own business, business opportunity, profitable business idea
Are you thinking of starting your own business in the near future? If you are in need of some profitable business ideas with real chances for success, here is one you should consider: start your own mushroom farm! The demand for mushrooms is on a continuous rise, a trend which will continue in 2013.
First of all, we should understand why these fungi are so popular: they’re absolutely delicious and can be used as a vegetarian meat substitute, since they are rich in protein and fiber, but also vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients.
They are said to treat migraines, tumors, improve eyesight and strengthen the immune system. Not to mention that they are low in carbohydrates, and completely fat and cholesterol-free.
Champignon and Pleurotus are some of the tastiest and most popular edible mushrooms, and investing in such a farm can turn out to be extremely clever. Here are just a few reasons why:
1. You can make profit quickly and easily, because a mushroom farm can produce 5-6 crops per year. The productivity factor cannot be neglected.
2. You can make up to R500,000 profit a year from cultivating Champignon mushrooms.
3. A mushroom farm requires a moderate initial investment.
4. You can start growing mushrooms in your own garage, unused stable, warehouse or basement.
5. Competition is relatively low, so there is still room for you and your farming business.
6. There is a constant market demand for Champignon mushrooms. You will never run out of potential customers and never be left with unsold produce.
7. Vegetarians love mushrooms! You can actually target this growing market segment.
8. Champignon mushrooms can be cultivated in a relatively small area, of only 50 square metres. You don’t need proper land to start cultivating mushrooms.
These are just eight important reasons why you should consider investing in such a business opportunity.