Snake Farms: A Business For Thrill-Seekers
Aiden Sookdin, Author, The Minimum Wage Millionaire, 22 Feb. 2016
Snake farming is definitely not a business for the faint of heart. One must be extremely courageous, and have a wild, adventurous side to invest in such a business. If you âlive for the thrillâ, however, then this may just be the perfect business for you. Add a large dose of perseverance and determination, and you have a recipe for success!
Starting a snake farm can be indeed a thrilling adventure, but it can also be quite a profitable one as well! Considering that one gram of venom can cost up to R20 000, you get the picture – raising snakes and harvesting their venom can actually make you rich. A single viper snake can produce 1.5 grams of venom per year, which means that 100 vipers can bring you an annual profit of over R 1.5 million.
The expected market demand for venom is expected to rise consistently until 2015, so now would be the perfect time to start this sort of business. Here are just a few reasons why you should start a snake farm business in the forthcoming year:
1. There is a large international demand for high-quality venom
2. You can start this business with moderate investments. A small snake farm will cost only approximately R100 000 to start. A larger one will require a larger capital, of approximately R220 000.
3. This business has a huge profit potential. Venom is very expensive worldwide and you will never run out of potential buyers.
4. A snake farm doesn’t require high maintenance. Vipers are fed rarely and they don’t require consistent attention or care.
5. You get a fast return on your investment. Snake farming is one of the businesses with the fastest return on investment.
For starters, you can begin with a limited amount of vipers, between 20 and 40. They won’t require a large space to live in.
The venom you harvest can be sold to any cosmetic or pharmaceutical company, because drug companies offer great amounts of money for high-quality venom.
Always remember to do some proper research before entering this kind of business.
- » 6 Low-Budget Business Ideas
- » 4 Incredibly Profitable Business Ideas For 2013
- » 5 Businesses To Start From Home
- » 3 Original Business Ideas From Across The World
- » Profitable Business Idea: Home And Office Interior Design